Unity Junior Bike Desk
Unity Junior Bike Desk
The LifeSpan Unity Junior Pedal Desk is the perfect way to energize the classroom.
Education has traditionally been a sedentary environment - sitting in school, sitting studying. The Unity Junior activates the learning experience by channeling fidgeting, driving focus and reducing classroom disruption. Studies have linked active learning to better memory, retention and test scores. Ideal for use in a classroom or home-study space setting, the desks are cordless and can be arranged in multiple configurations virtually anywhere to create an active learning environment. Whether you plan on students using the pedal desk full-time as a replacement to a traditional desk, or are wishing to create a shared common space, the Unity Junior is the perfect way to bring movement into the classroom.
Benefits of Active Learning
- Improve test scores
- Increase productivity and focus
- Reduce classroom disruption
While moving and learning is beneficial for all students, it can be especially beneficial to kinesthetic learners, students who have a difficult time remaining focused, and students with ADD or ADHD. We’ve even had teachers tell us that their worst students became their best students by simply pedaling while learning with the Unity Junior.
Alongside the behavioral benefits, there is a significant amount of research stating that the average student, regardless of age, needs to move their bodies every 20–30 minutes. Movement helps maintain focus, stores information into memory, activates both of the brain’s hemispheres, and can prevent feeling overwhelmed. By integrating pedal desks into the classrooms, students move and learn simultaneously, ensuring students achieve the proper amount of movement without taking time away from learning
Specialized Design for Students
- Unique desktop shape allows for multiple configurations
- Fits students ranging from 4’6” to 5’10” in height
- Easy to clean
The Unity Junior was designed for use in the classroom, from the unique desktop shape, to the reduced desk height, forward-and-backward pedaling, and easy-to-clean surface. The pedal desks can be arranged in multiple active classroom configurations to accommodate various classroom layouts and promote a variety of kinesthetic activities. For optimal learning, the desks can be set up more traditionally in rows or positioned in a small arc directed toward a fixed point. Conversely, for more collaborative group activities, the desks can easily be arranged in pods.
PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT
- Easy to move
- Simple to get on and off
No batteries to replace or power cords to stumble over. Getting started couldn’t be easier: simply, adjust the seat height to the preferred setting, and begin pedaling. Plus, the desks walk-thru design makes it easy to mount and dismount the bike without requiring assistance from a teacher. There are no buttons to push, or electronics to set. The resistance is preset to a light universal setting to keep your students moving during normally sedentary time, without breaking a sweat.
Easily maneuver the bike desk with the two conveniently located transport wheels. Simply tip the desk forward and begin rolling. The Unity's space-saving design enables the bike desk to be placed in even the most compact locations.
- Dimensions: 41" L x 31.5" W x 38.5" H
- Desktop Dimensions: 31.5" W x 23.7" D
- Desktop Materials: Made From 100% Recycled Wood Fibers
- Desktop Color: Jamison White
- Desktop Surface: Powder Coated
- Seat: Molded, Contoured Stool-Style Seat
- Seat Adjustment: 7" (11 positions) Fits Users Ranging In Heights From 4’6” to 5’10"
- Resistance System: Non-Adjustable Eddy Current Brake System
- Resistance Levels: NA
- Pedals: Includes 2 Pedal Styles: Oversized; Bi-Directional (Forward/Backward Pedaling) or Traditional Bike Pedals
- Transport: 2 Front-Mounted Wheels for Easy Mobility
- Power Requirements: Power-Free Operation
- Max. User Weight: 400 lbs.
- Product Weight: 77 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions: Box 1: 35" L x 12" W x 28" H | Box 2: 17" L x 17" W x 3" H
- Warranty: Frame: 3 Years | Parts: 1 Year